Dawning Sun is coming along, now at nearly 3400 words. I took a break to let life happen, and to let my brain sit on it, because I was writing as I figured things out, and it wasn't working. I'd write everything I'd worked out, then stop, trying to work out the next bit.
I'm going back to plotting; this seat-of-your-pants writing is too damn hard.
I have this ... possibly neat idea of how to do this. It may end disastrously, or it may be just what I needed to combine other people's happy visual plotting with my rather straight-laced outline and timeline plotting.
Clustering has never really worked for me. Not linear enough. But I had this idea to combine the Snowflake Method with a Work Breakdown Structure. My smallest discrete tasks will be scenes. I will take with me one lesson I learned from "pantsing" it: even outlines can be changed. Nay, outlines must change as the characters change the demands of the story.
And I had a thought about The Priestess that might just give me some real insight to her. Necessary, as I'll be introducing her in the next scene.
(Edited, because apparently, I don't know my "discrete" from my "discreet." Ahem.)